The Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages is a school of engineers where teaching is conducted in three international languages: English, French and German.
The Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages (FILS) aims to educate well-prepared engineers with a sound professional basis for Romania’s benefit, engineers who can ensure the interface with foreign investors.
The Faculty is open to foreign students who are thus exempted from the necessity to learn Romanian before starting their studies. The length of studies is four years. The graduates who pass the diploma exam are awarded an internationally recognized Bachelor’s degree.
FILS’s Objectives :
• Educating bilingual and multilingual specialists with a wide training background, specialists able to satisfy the needs of the Romanian companies whose cooperation with foreign companies and whose foreign relations are developed; specialists able to satisfy the needs of joint ventures and of foreign companies located in our country.
• Promoting the students’ mobility by sending them abroad for company internships, for linguistic trainings and studies in partner universities, and by students’ exchanges.
• Developing bilateral and multilateral relationsips with universities and schools of engineers in advanced countries in order to ensure a rapid transfer of pedagogical and specialized knowledge, to ensure mutual cooperation and to have the graduation diplomas internationally recognized.
• Allowing foreign students to start their studies without being obliged to learn Romanian beforehand.
Address: 313 Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, 060042, JE 105 Building
Telephone: +4021-402 98 89, +4021-402 95 90
Fax: +4021-402 91 11
Major Fields of Study
• Applied Electronics (in English, French and German)
• Information Technology (in English and French)
• Mechanical Engineering (in English and French )
• Chemical Engineering (in English)
• Economic Engineering in the Electrical Domain (in German)
• Economic Engineering in the Mechanical Domain (in German)
• Materials Science (in English)
• Dean: Professor Adrian VOLCEANOV, Ph.D.
• Vice-Dean: Associate professor Cristian DRAGOMIRESCU, Ph.D.
• Vice-Dean: Associate Professor Iosif Vasile NEMOIANU, Ph.D.
• Vice-Dean: Lecturer Camelia STANCIU, Ph.D.
• Vice-Dean: Lecturer Maria Iuliana DASCĂLU, Ph.D.
• Vice-Dean: Lecturer Andrei VASILĂŢEANU, Ph.D.
Engineering in Foreign Languages
• Head: Professor George DRAGOI, Ph.D.
• Telephone: +4021-402 96 06
• site: http://dils.pub.ro/
Communication in Modern Languages
• Head: Associate professor Yolanda-Mirela CATELLY
• Site: http://catedrals.ing.pub.ro